Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

New Series: Gifts, Wrapped

Picnic Present
9x12, oil on panel, $180
My fascination with paper and images on paper has led to a new series called Gifts, Wrapped.   

It's been a while since I've tackled the whole still-life thing - set-up, lighting, background, composition, shadow, etc. What a kick and how lucky that I'm painting the paper I so love (and already own!)  I've done quite a few so far - including some "tossers" - and I'm dreaming about wedding presents and housewarming presents, etc.  Even thinking about the ends of delicious Christmas paper rolls, tucked in the attic, that I'm too crazy about to actually use.  Sick.  I know.

So, there will be more to come!  Happy Summer and thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yummy one! I don't think it's crazy at all to keep those pretty papers. ;-)